Friday, April 3, 2009

42 miles!

yo yo!

Well yesterday's weather was weird! It started out raining and really windy, so I waited until around 1 pm to go out for a spin. I rode from the crib up and down the hills of 67th street out to Sean's house to show off the new build on the single speed. The 40-18 gearing was killing me going up some hills, but I made them all. Chilled there for a bit with Sean and Seamus, checked out the Y-chromosome and then spun back home on midland/blackfish/75th to the Turkey Creek trail. I thought I was done for the day after a nice little 15 mile ride or so but Sean called me up around 6 to see if I was down for more, and I totally was! We decided to spin down to Bike Soure and check out their spring specials they have going on. However we took our sweet time before starting the ride and showed up at Bike Source 9 minutes too late, bummer. By then the sun had set, neither one of us had lights and we were probably both way under clothed, and I know for sure Sean was in his lycra with no jacket. Instead of spinning back up the Indian Creek Trail/Lowell, which was the way we took down to Bike Source, we decided to take the "short" route back up Quivera. Our brains actually worked a little after riding so long and we decided to split our paths at 75th street so Sean could spin back west to his crib and so I could get back northeast to mine. Riding the Trukey Creek trail is SUPER INTERESTING in pitch black darkness by yourself, I was kind of scared, I won't lie :) But I made it back home and mapped my route for all the day's spinning and I had surpasses 42 miles! Holy crapola! Didn't feel like I had ridden that far, especially since I was pushing the 40-18 29er the whole time. Guess I did have the cyclo tires on though :) Well, today I got some philosophy to do and a team wine tasting tonight at the Cellar Rat with the good folks from my new team: Team Colavita/Parisi Coffee, good ole' saturday morning chemistry lab tomorrow, oh yay :/, and Sunday I think I am going to go out with Eric from the Team to the road race in Leavenworth to check out the roadie scene. Should be a generally good weekend! Hope you enjoy yours!!!

Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment