Friday, March 27, 2009

hmmm...

first off, SNOW RIDE SUNDAY--LAWRENCE RIVER TRAILS, hit me up if you wanna join!

second, unfortunately, since they are being shadesters, Mason and I will not be doing any midwest fat tire series (MWFTS) this year. for some reason, they tought it would be cool to try and say the bonebender was going to be moved to another date to try and pimp their own race. It really pissed me off because Chris Locke, the Fat Tire Duathlon/BoneBender promoter, did not authorize such a posting and I am quite sure he busts his ass to help out local KC racing scene. it was completely made up by the MWFTS guys = BULLSHIT, there is no other way to put it. funny how they claim to want everyone to get along then they pull some bs like that. i sent them some choice words, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one, and they yanked the rumor down pretty darn quick. so here's a big F_U to the MWFTS!! The AMBCS/Psycowpath/Tour de Dirt/IMBCS/I-74 series' are way better anyway!

third, (thanks for letting me rant), training has picked up for me once again, not so much for Mason. He's working a 5:30--9:30 pm shift at UPS then going to packerware in lawrence for the night shift, ouch! making that money, though. hopefully I can con him into riding with me on sunday. it'll be the first time i have the 29er as a single speed and I can't wait!! Went running yesterday for the first time in a couple months since the injuries, and i thought my heart was going to explode! most definitely out of shape! I did haul some ass on my single speed road bike yesterday though getting from my crib at SMP/Antioch to UMKC's campus in 25 minutes (google maps put my ride at 7 miles exactly), and that was with my backpack/street clothes and then rode home after getting some stuff taken care of for fall semester. 14-15 miles total b/c I swung up through the plaza on the way home and got a yummy panera smoked ham on rye, mmmmmm! Woke up this morning and had the good leg burn, oh how i'd missed it.

I would say see you on the dirt, but i doubt anyone will be on it for awhile, so see you on the snow and/or the road!!! Peace!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle bro...and even more glad to hear that you yanked the crap off of your 29er. Welcome to the club! I have to admit...I DID NOT convert my Rcok Lobster to geared. If I do, shoot me!!!

    ReplyDelete